1 large mango, cubed
1 avocado, diced
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, roasted/salted
5 cups fresh arugula
optional add-in’s: sweet onions, diced apple, diced pineapple … more
dressing (or use your own recipe):
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp agave syrup
dash garlic powder
1. I made a quickie salad dressing out of a few of my favorite flavors. Whisked it together and tossed it with the salad ingredients - except the arugula!
2. I tossed the avocado, mango and nuts with the salad dressing - then poured it right over the greens. I didn’t toss the salad together until we were ready to serve the salad. Otherwise the arugula would get quite soggy.
3. Top with fresh black pepper! Serve!
Makes 4 Sandwiches
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 Kirby cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
Preheat the broiler. Soak the chopped onion in a bowl of cold water while you prepare the shrimp.
Toss the shrimp with the olive oil, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread in an even layer and broil until the shrimp are opaque, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Wash and dry the baking sheet.
Drain the onion and add to the shrimp along with the yogurt, carrot, cucumber, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Grate in 1 teaspoon lemon zest and squeeze in about half of the lemon juice.
Lay the pitas on the baking sheet and toast under the broiler. Cut the pitas in half and fill with the lettuce and shrimp salad.
efficiency isnt enough to describe this.